Q: Can I register more than one child at a time?
A: Yes! When you click through to ActiveCamps, you’ll see a link for the IPP Morning Program. There, we’ve made each age group and week a separate session, so you can add 4s Week 1, 4s Week 2, etc. for your four-year-old, and then 6s Week 1, 6s Week 2, etc. for your six-year-old, and so on for as many children as you will be registering. This way, we can let the computer keep a running class roster for each age group, by week.
Q: What is a session?
A: A session is one week of a particular age group in the IPP morning program. We’ve broken it down like this so we can make sure we don’t accidentally offer admission to more children than we have space for.
Q: My child celebrates his 5th birthday during the morning program. Do I register him for the 4s or 5s?
A: Register him for the age group for his age as of July 5th, the first day of the morning program. This is a hard and fast rule, and it also means that children must be 4 as of July 5th to participate this summer.
Q: It looks like rates have gone up from last year?
A: Because New York State recently passed a bill to raise the minimum wage to $15 over the next 6 years – which will significantly impact the counselor budget for the morning program – the IPP Board has decided to raise the rates for the program to meet these higher costs. The base rate is now $150 per week per child. We will still offer multi-child and multi-week discounts, but ActiveCamps does not compute these until check out.
If you have any specific concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is the new pricing table:
Q: Do I need to add sessions in order?
A: Yes! The discounts sometimes don’t compute correctly if you don’t add your sessions all at once and in chronological order. We’re working with ActiveCamps to solve this, but in the meantime, here’s what we recommend:
• Sort by age using the checkboxes on the left. If you’ll have twin 5-year-olds and a 7-year-old attending, check both 5 and 7. The center of the page will then display 5s Week 1, 7s Week 1, 5s Week 2, etc., in chronological then alphabetical order. If your children will start attending after the first week, using the calendar function to narrow it down further can be helpful.
• Find the first week your child(ren) will be attending and add the session to your cart. In our example, this would be 5s Week 1.
• Go to the upper right of the page, where 5s Week 1 should have just appeared in your cart. If you need two slots in the session (for the twin 5-year-olds), use the drop down menu to change your quantity to ‘2’.
• Back in the center display, add the next session (in our example, 7s Week 1).
• Continue chronologically down the page, adding the appropriate sessions to your cart.
• Before you click continue to leave this page, double-check to make sure you’ve got all the sessions in your cart, and the correct quantity for each one. Again, the system sometimes doesn’t apply discounts correctly if you add sessions after you get to check out.
• Click Continue to proceed and enter your child(ren)’s information.
Q: Do I need to enter all this data for each session?
A: Yes and no. You need to enter it once for each child – birthdays help us verify your child is in the right group, house phones are critical to our emergency contact system, and nearly everything else is for your child’s safety. However, each child’s information is saved, so after you’ve entered everything for the first week you can easily select from a drop-down menu to register the same child for multiple weeks. You can also choose to use the same data for a subsequent child. This is great for copying contact and insurance information, but please make sure that allergies and health concerns are updated for each child.
Q: We won’t know our house phone and/or emergency contacts until we’re on the island.
A: Just leave it blank for now, and come prepared to fill in that information when you arrive on the first day! However, because Monday mornings (Tuesday morning for week 1!) are really busy, so if you do know that information now, please tell us.
Q: Why do I need to add the parent’s birthday?
A. We don’t care, but ActiveCamps requires it. On the plus side, you now have a built-in profile for that charity 5k that runs registration through the Active Network!
Q: I notice there is a processing fee on my final total. What is this?
A: This amount is collected by ActiveCamps to cover credit card fees. It is calculated as a percentage of the total amount due, after the discounts have been applied. Please note that as this processing fee goes directly to ActiveCamps, so it will not be refunded if you cancel a session.
Q: What are the payment options?
A: ActiveCamps requires payment by credit or debit card (MasterCard or Visa), so your options are:
• “Pay in Full”: pay the entire amount now.
• “Pay (Deposit) Now with a Payment Plan” and select “Bill me automatically”: you will pay a deposit now (which includes the ActiveCamps processing fee), with balance due on one or two additional dates. ActiveCamps will automatically charge the card you used to pay the deposit on the selected date(s), but you can log into your account at any time to pay towards your balance and reduce the amount automatically charged.
• “Pay (Deposit) Now with a Payment Plan” and “Pay balance manually”: you will pay a deposit now (which includes the ActiveCamps processing fee), with balance due on one or two additional dates. We will send you monthly bills via email until the morning program begins. This is also meant to accommodate those who prefer to pay by mailing a check before June 15th to:
Island People’s Project – Morning Program Registration
P.O. Box 523, Fishers Island, NY 06390
(OR: Margaret B Chaves, Island Peoples Project, P.O. Box 772, Simsbury, CT 06070)
• Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Q: Why can’t I choose how much I want to pay now?
A: ActiveCamps doesn’t yet allow you to fill in the amount you want to pay at check out, and instead references the minimum deposit required. To maximize flexibility, we’ve made that a very low rate. If you want to pay something between the minimum deposit and the full price, please choose a payment plan and check out. You will receive a confirmation email with a link to your account within a few minutes, and can then go into your account to make an additional payment(s). We recognize this is cumbersome, and are working with ActiveCamps to find a better solution.
Q: What if I need to cancel my child's registration and get a refund?
A: ActiveCamps doesn’t yet have an automated cancellation system, so please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the specifics of your request. We will make the change on our end, and offer the spot to someone else if there is a waitlist for that week/session. If you paid for the full registration amount by credit or debit card, you should receive a credit to your card from ActiveCamps (though your statement will read ACT*ISLAND PEOPLE’S PR); if not, IPP will send you a check for the appropriate amount. Note that your processing fee will not be refunded.
We refund according to the following schedule:
• Cancellations before June 15th: 100% of the amount you paid for the session(s).
• Between June 15th and July 4th: 90% of the amount you paid for the session(s).
• After the morning program has begun but before the session has begun: 80% of the amount you paid for the session(s).
• After the session has started: nothing.
Q: What if I want to add more weeks / register another child?
A: If there are still available spaces in the session(s) you’d like to add, please register online as you normally would, but at check out select “pay balance manually” under one of the payment plans. We’ll apply the appropriate discounts inside the system and send you an email with an updated balance. You can expect the following:
• Additional registrations before June 15th: all discounts you would have gotten had you included this session in your initial registration.
• Between June 15th and July 6th: all discounts, less a $25 penalty per child.
• After July 6th: all discounts, less a $50 penalty per child.
Q: What if I want to change from one session/week to another one but the week I want is already full?
A: Contact us at email@example.com. We will move your child onto the waitlist for that session (using the date you notified us as the new registration date), cancel the original session, and prepare to refund you according to the usual refund schedule.
Q: How do we get into a session off the waitlist?
A: The Morning Program operates on a first-come, first-served basis, so we’ll email or call the parents of the children on the waitlist, in order, until the spot is filled. If you indicate when we contact you that you are not interested in taking the spot, we will remove you from the waitlist entirely.